Brand Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply?
To get your organization featured on CRAFTMERCE , please fill out our Sell on Craftmerce to help us to understand your business. A CRAFTMERCE team member will then reach out with any additional questions or information. We use good faith efforts to review every application we receive. However CRAFTMERCE is only able to accept a limited number of makers at any given time.
Once you have successfully gone through our due diligence process, we will build your CRAFTMERCE collection page, and give you access to your CRAFTMERCE Brand portal to upload your product images, descriptions and any additional company information. Some brands prefer to upload their own images and descriptions while others ask for support. For our team to help we need either (i) your catalog and product images; or (ii) if you have a Shopify website, please download a csv file with image url.
What do I need to sell on CRAFTMERCE?
We welcome applications from businesses and organizations who meet the following criteria:
- Your products are not shipped from or made in countries subject to sanctions or other economic measures affecting this sector
- You own your brand and your products and are involved in the design or production process.
You satisfy our due diligence requirements: please click here to fill out the form.
You may sell any product that falls in the categories listed on the site,
We hope to be able to host more of your product offerings over time. CRAFTMERCE strives to include new categories soon, so feel free to register and we will get in touch when we look to expand to more product types.
Onboarding to CRAFTMERCE Marketplace?
We try to make the process as easy as possible. Once you have successfully completed our due diligence requirements we:
- Give you access to our maker portal to upload product images, descriptions and additional company information. Our team can help you with this process.
- CRAFTMERCE merchandising team then helps curate your products collection, meaning we may feature some of your products while excluding others
- Once we have at least 12 products from your company we will publish your page
- Through your maker portal you can continue to edit and submit new product styles and variants at any time for further review and posting to your collection page
The onboarding process and the time it takes depends on the quality of your digital assets and editorial content. Our onboarding team can assist you as much as you need.
We believe that makers like you are in a unique position to meet the current needs of retail: unique product development and lower minimum order (MOQs) quantities.
Retailers are encouraged to customize and buy exclusive colors/patterns, sizes/shapes and packaging/labelling for their shop. When uploading your products, we ask that you list all possible variants and indicate if a product is available for customized production. If a buyer is interested in an exclusive alternative, we will contact you immediately to confirm the custom variant or packaging request. We ask that you reply within 48 hours or risk the order being cancelled.
Onboarding to CRAFTMERCE Marketplace?
With CRAFTMERCE you pay commission on new accounts that find you through our marketplace and you only pay when you sell.Our commission charged on all B2B and B2C orders is 15% for all orders and Zero% Commission charged from existing retailers you introduce to the platform . when your B2B customers purchase from you directly through the ( Craftmerce RAISE)
Your B2B buyers get the advantage of net 60 terms and you have the option to access advance payments to start production on orders. Craftmerce takes the risk, and you get paid on time, every time. A 5% fee is charged to access Advance payment.
Borderless Transfer fees International = Transfer to brands within the following countries (Nigeria, Uganda, Ethiopia,Tanzania,South Africa, Tunisia and Ghana) is 2% – Capped at $30 USD*
Exchange Rates may apply.
*European Economic Area Countries include an additional Electronic Funds Fee + €0.35 EUR. An equivalent of $30 USD is charged based on your home currency. See Global Countries Fee Table below for more details.
You set your own wholesale prices and can dictate wholesale price breaks by volume. We take a commission on the wholesale price that the retailer pays. If you need support setting pricing please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you sell a product at a wholesale price of $50, CRAFTMERCE takes 15% of the $50.
Absolutely! We work seamlessly alongside your team, we offer 0% commission on retailers where you already have representation.
You will receive an order inquiry when an order has been placed including all the details. you can also access all of your order details when you log into your CRAFTMERCE portal and select the ‘order’ tab.
Step 1: Buyer discovers you(Brand) on the Craftmerce wholesale Marketplace and places a draft wholesale order. If the Brand is open to customization, notes may be included with any requests from the buyer. The buyer can also see if the Brand accepts sample orders.
Step 2: Maker approves the order details, provides any customization offer and costs, and provides an estimated shipping cost.
Step 3: Buyer approves the order and shipping cost and the order is now final.
Step 4: Once the order is completed the Brand ships the order(adding shipping information and pictures to the Buyer)
Step 5: Buyer receives the order.
Step 6: Brands gets the payment without shipping fees(if they use our provider) and commission.
Selling on Craftmerce?
It’s free to join Craftmerce. Our marketplace platform gives you access to thousands of wholesale retailers across the world.
You will pay a commission for new businesses who discover you through our marketplace. Also brands are required to pay $15 monthly subscription fee after their first 3months on the platform.
Crafmerce standard commission rate for reorders is 15%. we help you convert first-time buyers into lifelong customers through our email marketing, Social media marketing and our dedicated customer relationship manaement (CRM)
It is important to provide as much information as you an and that it be as accurate a possible.Missing business information or incorrect details will delay verification and may result in delays to your orders
We welcome Brands and trade representatives who:
- Are African based with unique quality products.
- Have an established online or bricks-and-mortar store open and ready for business.
- Hold a valid brands/reseller ID(also known as a sales tax identification, reseller permit or resale certificate) or equivalent document(i.e trade certificate).
- To sell on CRAFTMERCE you need to be a registered company with a valid registration number, Until you are registered, you cannot access the resale prices nor place an order.
Our selection process is based on first-hand experience with brands/makers as well as credible and legitimate referrals from a strong global network of organizations(including crafts, councils, export promotion agencies, handmade sector associations, NGO’S and development agencies) creative with markers. we have been building interacting directly relationships in the creative manufacturing and handmade sector for several decades.
When we meet a new brands they undergo a due diligence process during which we assess their ability to produce with high quality and deliver on time. All CRAFTMERCE brands partners self report that they are compliant self-report with the following three policies:
- No children under the age of 16 are involved in the production process.
- Appropriate standards are put in place to ensure artisan safety.
- Artisan are paid a living wage
As part of our due diligence, markers confirm their commitment to one or more of our six core values.
- Heritage craft preservation
- Eco-friendly materials.
- Product innovation
- Sustainable Processes.
Returns & Exchanges?
We are not able to provide returns(shipping costs make this prohibitive) but we do offer reimbursement of your value order(minus shipping) if the final produc does not match the sample provided. we also ensure that the producer sends pictures of the ordered products before shipping.
If you have any problems with your order, contact the brand directly as each one will have their own policies for returns and refunds.
Handcrafted items will always have a degree of variance compared to factory-made products, so please ensure you read the disclaimers carefully on the product page or in your custom order quotation.
Retailers have 7days to return an item. item must be shipped out of retailers custody en route to brands within 7days of delivery.
CRAFTMERCE has chosen to set very low minimum order values to meet our users’ expectations and allow them to discover new products easily. The consequence to this is that we do not manage returns.
- If an item does not conform with the product description available on our platform, please notify us directly via your personal space > Orders > Product does not conform.
- If an item does conform with the description available on the platform but you have further questions, then we invite you to contact the brand directly via your personal space. The brand will be free to accept or refuse your request.
- We also advise that brands send pictures of finished products before they ship so retailers can vet them so as to minimise returns.